Restore the Future: The Second American Revolution
by Donald H. Young
This is an incredibly timely book, and it provides an education on topics which were taught at one time in "civics" classes that no longer exist. Whether you are a Democrat, a Republican, or an Independent, this book provides the background one needs to understand how to view what is going on in Washington and to determine what to do about it.
Politically and economically, the future of the United States is at stake. In Restore the Future, I am seeking to galvanize the American people to guarantee a traditional future for our children and grandchildren through participation in a nonviolent Second American Revolution.
This Revolution of the people is as justified as the first one, and it would be accomplished by using the extraordinary voting power granted to them by the Constitution to restore constitutional government. Without this Revolution, it can truly be said that the best days of the United States are behind it.
In this book, I:
- review historical forms of government and show how the founding documents created the pinnacle of the development of government to date;
- follow the outline of the Declaration of Independence in describing the many grievances we have with our government today, based on its extraordinary departures from the founding documents, which justify the Revolution;
- discuss religion, its importance to the Founders, the elemental morality it provides, and the importance of morality to the necessary function of society;
- discuss the nature of liberty, how it is different from freedom, and why maximizing liberty is one of the primary responsibilities of government;
- outline the derivation of and the importance of the rule of law to the functioning of a society;
- highlight the tragic failure of American education by global standards;
- communicate the rationale for and critical importance of free enterprise and free trade and why free enterprise is the greatest engine for economic growth and personal development in the history of the world
- provide a roadmap for the accomplishment of the Revolution.
I encourage you to become a foot soldier in the Second American Revolution.
If you have any comments or questions, please click on the Contact tab and send me an email.